Murderboarding: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy
This book represents some of the best collaborative thinking available today. It is similar to many of our PATTERN LANGUAGE articles. Especially; Appropriate Decision Making, The Question Behind the Question, The Unsayable Must be Said- Overcoming the Tyranny of the Open Secret and No One is More Limited than the Cognoscenti.
From the book: MurderBoarding is a valuable tool when you have one of the following:
- Too many ideas at once. You know you’re at this point when you find yourself asking, “Which one makes sense?”
- A situation that has changed in a variety of ways since the last business review.
- The organization seems to have lost its focus.
- A high-stakes opportunity (millions of dollars) that justifies the investment of a thorough review.
- A new vision that requires people to stop doing what they’ve been doing and shift to something new.
One of the primary take-aways from the book is: "It's NOT about how many good ideas you have. It is about how many you kill."
You can download a segment of the book for free compliments of O'REILLY.
Webcast will be available soon. You can buy the book for $15.99
"Collaboration is a powerful competitive weapon; this book shows you how to use it to win markets."